The fifth of eight "Nations of Théah" sourcebooks for the 7th Sea roleplaying game.
Includes detailed descriptions of the geography and political factions of the nation of Castille, as well as extra rules for character creation.
From back of the book:
"Live every moment as if it were your last. Only then can you see the blessings Theus has wrought."
- Don Andres Bejarano del Aldana
From her vaulted universities to her spired churches, Castille is a land of contradictions. Scientific advancement proceeds despite the efforts of an Inquisition dedicated to stamping it out. Celebrations take place mere miles from blood-soaked battlefields. The citizens love their neighbors as family, while treating foreigners with clinical distrust. Here, two thousand years of invasion and occupation has left her people wounded, proud, and fiercely independent; a boy king totters on an unstable throne while enemies surround him without and within; and sinister conspiracies lurk behind wide smiles and passionate speeches. Welcome to Castille, the crucible of faith.
The Castille sourcebook includes:
- A complete history of the country, from their early days as an Old Republic colony to the current war with Montaigne.
- Detailed descriptions of the land, its people, and their culture -- including bullfighting, dancing, and Castillian duels.
- New rules for Castillian heroes: fighting schools, rules for bullwhips, new skills and advantages, and the enigmatic fire magic El Fuego Adentro.
- Plus a section on the Vaticine Church, with new information never before published!