This new campaign setting for the Alternity science fiction roleplaying game rips away the comforting veils of ignorance, exposing the world's corruption and rot for all to see. Devious organisations scheme for world domination, otherworldy forces infiltrate our power structures, and creatures from our nightmares lurk in the shadows. Working for a clandestine organisation called the Hoffman Institute, heroes explore hidden mysteries while eluding forces - both human and alien - that scheme to control the truth.
This book cotains:
- The true and secret history of Earth.
- Detailed descriptions of 13 powerful conspiracies and secret societies pulling the strings of power, plus nearly 20 more minor organisations to enrich your game.
- Dozens of mysterious sites and hidden strongholds, from the ancient enigma of the Pyramids to the rotten façade of Washington, D.C.
- New skills and careers for heroes, including options for advanced characters.
- New rules for using FX (magic) in your Alternity game, including 45 new Arcane Magic and Faith FX spells.
- Nearly two dozen strange creatures to populate your Dark-Matter campaign.
- Extensive Gamemaster tips and tricks for running paranormal- and conspiracy-based games.
- Raw Recruits, an introductionary adventure to kick-off your Dark-Matter campaign.
- Includes Alternity Fast-Play Rules and adventure - everything you need to get started.