You're an explorer commanding the newest starship in the fleet, or . . . a brilliant scientist seeking a cure for a deadly alien virus, or . . . a battle-weary space marine fighting to protect the galaxy, or . . . any other SF hero you can imagine!
Experience the future - one adventure at a time!
This roleplaying game provides a framework for all kinds of contemporary to far-future science fiction adventures. The Player's Handbook, the companion volume to the Alternity Gamemaster Guide, contains everything players need to create SF heroes and play the Alternity game, including:
- An easy-to-learn game system designed around a unique dice mechanic.
- A "Fast-Play" chapter that teaches the basics and quickly gets you into the action.
- Rules for generating a wide variety of unique heroes - including five alien hero species.
- Many distinct character professions and careers that allow you to further refine and define your character - from bounty hunters to computer hackers, starship pilots to interplanetary traders.
- Simple yet wide-ranging rules presented in a format that lets you add levels of complexity as desired.
- Optional rules for mutants, psionics, and cybernetics.
- Plenty of equipment covering a variety of technological levels - computers, vehicles, starships, armor, weapons, and assorted gear.
- A compilation of tables and forms that players need, plus a comprehensive index.