From the publisher "Science fiction presents us with the clash between the mundane world with which we are familiar and the fantastic world of our imaginations. In near-future science fiction, the line between the two is often imperceptible. Still, subtle (and not-so-subtle) differences arise, especially when it comes to life in space. Telling a believable, realistic story of near-future science fiction without getting bogged down in too much detail can be a monumental chore for Gamemasters and Players who wish to explore the Saga of Mankind in the 23rd Century.
The Spacer's Guide provides Gamemasters and Players alike with the background details of ordinary life in space in the Jovian Chronicles game setting. It explores the ways in which Mankind may change in 200 years' time in that environment, and it shows how it will likely remain the same. This manual fills in the gaps between the broad descriptions of the spacer's way of life that have already appeared in the Jovian Chronicles game line. Within these covers, you will find:
* Advice on how Player Characters can make a living in space;
* A simplified space navigation system;
* Details on the cost of living in space;
* An examination of entertainment and recreation in space;
* An introduction to the Spacer's Runic language;
* New Character Archetypes and adventure seeds.
DP9-307, 80 pages, B&W"