A party of adventurers is caught in the wake of an unwise wizard's mystical experiments. Without realizing it, they are drawn into a pocket of space -- a mirror world, where the laws of reason and magic have been twisted by the mind of a madwoman. Feral gnomes and savage halflings prowl the forests alongside warlike humans and elves, while peaceful goblins, orcs, and ogres farm the land, always fearful of another brutal attack. Only the divine protection of the sacred undead keeps this bloodthirsty horde at bay. The PCs must find their way out of this strange world before it destroys them ... but on the way, they have to deal with their suddenly new and unfamiliar abilities, and defeat their own alter personalities.
The Ebon Mirror is a D20 System adventure designed for characters of 8th through 10th level. It includes:
- Information on the Crucible of Osai, an order dedicated to preserving the flow of magic by destroying "flawed" artifacts -- both dangerous cursed items and frivolous magical objects -- that waste magical energy and upset the balance between matter and magic.
- Ten new magic items and minor artifacts, each complete with alternate rules for use in the mirror world.
- Stats for the sacred undead -- the remains of those humans and elves with a glimmer of goodness in their souls, and so brought back by the gods to atone for their sins. They are charged with divine light and make true the phrase, "the only good human is a dead human."
- A new monster called the antisphinx, with the body of a woman and the head of a lion, that always says the opposite of what she means and freezes in time those not able to provide a fitting question for the answer she gives.
- Complete rules for conversion of spells and magic items into their mirror-world antitheses.