Artesia: Adventures in The Known World is a 352-page, full-color hardcover book containing all the rules and background material needed to begin play. The book is profusely illustrated by images from the comic book series and by images and maps specially prepared by the author for the game. The book includes:
- Histories and descriptions of the major regions and cultures of the Known World, the setting of the award-winning fantasy comic book Artesia.
- Expansive character generation rules adapting R. Talsorian Games’ LifePath system, including birth omens, star signs, and divine and heroic lineages.
- Rules for the use of hermetic, folk and cult magic, along with alchemy and divination.
- Rules for talents and abilities accessible to characters through the Arcana, the Tarot-like system representing the Known World’s archetypal paths of power and the foundation of an unique system of experience, allowing game rewards for virtually all types of character actions.
- A bestiary of common, uncommon, and a few rare creatures encountered in the Known World.
- A complete introductory adventure, "The Witch’s Price", designed to bring players into the setting and lay the ground works for many adventures to come!