Why Two-Fisted Tales?
* Character creation is simple: pick a pulp template and customize it (or use the Everyman template to create your own custom pulp icon).
* Roll the dice, adding your relevant ability rating and either a specialty or mastery bonus. Compete against a target number or opponent.
* Use standard playing cards to increase or decrease a die roll or increase/decrease damage. Want to pull off a stunt? Play a high-value card. The effect can be enormous.
* Bonus/penalty dice may be added/subtracted to the roll, depending on his actions.
* Choose from one of four different reality levels (gritty, escapist, fantastic, and amazing) to portray noir-style, gritty characters to super-heroic legends.
* Go head-to-head with giant creatures like dinosaurs.
It's easy to GM.
* Use the random scenario and location tables to lay the groundwork for your adventures.
* Use the villainous templates to create antagonists just as easily as creating heroes, while also adding random habits, style, and motivations.
It's true pulp.
* The book introduces you to the world of pulp stories from the Thirties and Forties.
* Push the limits of true pulp with unusual gadgets, hypnotic powers, martial arts, magic, and special powers.