Wordplay is very easy to play and is designed to be used in any created setting and genre that you wish to explore. The game features the following:
- Free flowing character creation allowing a player to describe their alter ego in the game and use those descriptions as 'Traits' which are then split between Body, Mind and Soul categories.
- Your game character will have an amazing and extraordinary life.
- A dice building game. Describe what your character is doing and make use of as many advantages as possible to build as large a hand of dice as possible.
- Roll your dice and count up your successes - the highest total wins. Only the dice that land on the table count!
- Create goals for your characters and drive them forward to succeed.
- Pre-designed 'Themes' - ready made settings to inspire you to create and play straight away.
Instead of numerous complicated rules, Wordplay provides group story telling opportunities that are translated into dice for your characters. The game is light, open and encourages players to give vivid descriptions that build a shared, character focussed, story. Wordplay is a 'six sided dice paradise', so a large number of six sided dice are needed to play.
So, this is a book and a set of game rules at the same time. You won't find this to be a dry set of instructions. This book is your best friend, sitting you down on a comfy sofa, plying you with hot tea and, with some excitement, telling you all about Wordplay. Sometimes the book will become florid and whimsical, but hopes never to confuse you. Most of all, the book wants you to gather as many six sided dice as you can find and start to play.