The fourth version of the basic Dungeons and Dragons game system, published in 1991 as a boxed set. The product was designed to spark new interest in the classic line and teach new players in an easy to use step-by-step format.
From the back of the box:
...the dragon lunges. Your flashing blade slicers the air as searing flames burst over your shield. A lightning bolt crackles from the wizard's fingertips, then bounces harmlessly off the ancient beast's scarred and scaly hide. Will you stay and battles this deadly creature, or leave it behind with its hoard of stolen treasure?
In the Dungeons & Dragons Game, you and your friends play powerful fighters, shrewd wizards, and crafty elves. The more you play, the stronger your character becomes. Search murky dungeons for magic, treasure, and fame -- but you'd better be careful! Those dark labyrinths are full of vicious zombies, wicked trolls, and hungry dragons.
Now Everyone Can Play!
A brand new learning system makes the Dungeons & Dragons Game fun for everyone. With the step-by-step instruction cards, you'll start your first adventure the moment you open the box.
You and your friends will enjoy hours of high adventure in the world of cunning wizards, mighty warriors, and ferocious dragons.
Start your adventure today! For 2 or more players ages 11 and up.
Inside this box, you'll find:
- A complete set of Dragon Cards that teach you to play in fun and simple steps;
- An easy-to-use rulebook with all the magic, monsters, and rules you'll need to advance your character to the higher levels.
- A Dungeon Master's Screen that makes playing simple.
- A large full-color dungeon map and a complete set of adventure dice;
- Dozens of standup counters representing characters and monsters.