From the publisher:
Hexicon Fantasy Roleplay is a new and exciting paper-based, fantasy role-playing game that is now available from Hexicon Press LLP.
Hexicon provides a rich, comprehensive medieval (pre-industrial) game system offering detailed and flexible rules for combat, movement, magic, skill-use and a host of other gaming situations.
Hexicon aims to cater for players and GMs seeking an in-depth and realistic game system which provides exciting and descriptive realism without compromising playability.
The five-book basic pack contains not only the core system rules (including separate booklets for magic, equipment etc) but also a complete fantasy world-setting, the world of Korin-Thar. However the system can be easily and quickly tailored to any other pre-industrial game world.
Hexicon is a generic gaming system not tied to a specific world-setting, as such it provides gamers with an extremely wide choice of historical and fantasy races, occupations, skills and magic-types allowing a GM to run a game anywhere from ancient Sparta to a Tolkien-esque Dwarven mine.
The main game back consists of five books:
- The Rules Manual: 180 illustrated pages of core-system rules including chapters on Character creation, Races, Occupations, Skills, Combat and Movement, the Gaming Environment, Magic and a Bestiary.
- The Magic Booklet: 60 pages of spells and magical abilities available to the twelve magic-using Occupations described in the Hexicon Rules Manual.
- The Equipment Booklet : Packed with detailed descriptions of armour, weapons, consumables, herbs and poisons and other adventuring equipment.
- The Tables Booklet: All of the major tables and play aids used during character generation and game play combined in one place for ease of reference.
- The Korin-Thar World Atlas: A source book for this thrilling fantasy setting.