The HDL system is a flexible, simple system for use with existing game settings or original game worlds. Fully playable on its own, the system is a fresh, simplified take on gaming. Fully universal, it can be whatever you want it to be.
* Straightforward rules grounded in reality; if it makes sense in real life, that’s how it works in the game!
* Simplified rolling system, based on set difficulties or contested rolls.
* Fully customizable point-based characters with no levels, classes, or hit points.
* Adaptable experience-based system for both long-term character improvement and on-the-spot advantages.
* Unique Energy system for boosting rolls and representing additional effort.
* Optional hex-map-based SCom tactical combat.
* Includes rules for creating psychic “ESPers.”
* Additional rules for creating other creatures.
* Fully customizable rules.
* Multiple settings available, with more on the way!
* A single, inexpensive, light book, a set of cards, and a handful of dice is all you need to play.
* No twenty-sided dice needed!