From the back of the book:
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Rulers makes history. With this sourcebook’s in-depth look at the hidden rules of political intrigue and power brokering, you will too. Players will use this book to unravel the schemes of duplicitous enemies and allies alike as part of their own rise to power. GMs get a close look at the gritty details of political campaigns fraught with plots and counter-plots, assassinations, duels, and changing allegiances, all tied together in a byzantine web of power relations.
Dynasties and Demagogues is a toolkit for running and playing in political adventures in any d20 System campaign setting. Designed for both players and GMS, it provides:
- 17 new spells like absorb information, which transfers written information directly from a book into your mind.
- 15 magic items like the fly on the wall surveillance device, and the seeking arrow that carries a message up to 6,000 miles through the air to land at your recipient’s feet.
- 20 general feats like Commanding Voice, Inspire Frenzy, and Information Network, plus 24 new personality feats that let players gain extra experience for accomplishing roleplaying goals.
- 9 prestige classes that allow characters to become bodyguards, conspiracy leaders, information mages, religious leaders, and rise to a position of power like that of the true demagogue.
- Details on maneuvering within eight distince political settings, from anarchy to empire, with examples of how classic elements like magic and fantasy races impact them.
- Easy-to-use rules for conducting debates, council votes, elections and tournaments.
- Blueprints for political adventure and campaign construction, one short adventure, five developed adventure premises, and threee political campaign outlines for GMS to customize.
Ruling the realm can be even more rearding than saving it!