From the back cover:
"Orcs? A Gazetteer about Orcs?
Absolutely. And hobgoblins, kobolds, bugbears, gnolls, trolls, goblins, and more! If you think the only good orc is a dead orc, you're in for a surprise. Orcs (and the other humanoids) are more than just anonymous hordes to be slaughtered for easy experience points - they are creatures with personality, culture, likes and dislikes, and a point of view. Find out all about them in The Orcs of Thar.
The Orcs of Thar is the tenth in a series of Gazetteers for the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game system. It gives you a comprehensive, in-depth look at the orcs and their world, including:
- Orcs and other humanoids as player characters
- A large full-color map of Thar, home of the orcs
- Complete rules for humanoid spell-casters
- The King of the Orcs, and why you don't want to run into him
- Seperate DM and Player's Booklets
- ORCWARS! , a complete boardgame, also included!"