From the back cover:
Talent Law provides GMs and players with a new system of customizing characters through background options. In addition, GMs can now create new races that are inherently balanced against all other races in the game!
In Talent Law you get:
- a point-based system for background options that allows characters to select from:
- Special Training (e.g., Elvish Training, Natural horseman, Outdoorsman, etc.)
- Special Abilities (e.g., Lucky, Eye of the Hawk, Blessed by War God, etc.)
- Physical Abilities (e.g., Infravision, Resilient, Ambidexterity, etc.)
- Mental Abilities (e.g., Telepathy, Battle Reflexes, Photographic Memory, etc.)
- Mystical Abilities (e.g., Destiny Sense, Look of eagles, etc.).
- Complete guidelines for the GM to customize the background options to his own world.
- A new system for determining starting wealth for characters based upon their selected wealth levels (e.g., a character can choose to have a wealthy background or a penniless peasant background).
- A point-based system for a GM to use in creating new races for his world. Using this system will result in new races being balanced when used with all of the races currently in the RMSS.