From the back of the box:
Greetings, kind travelers! The roads south to the Lands of Intrigue are long and dusty indeed, but they are roads to greatness and glory for merchants, adventurers, and scholars all. Folk with mettle enough to brave these lands will be challenged and astounded by forms of power, magic, and culture that are found nowhere else in Faerûn.
Developed from out-of-print material originally found in FR3 Empires of the Sands, this expansion provides more than 150 pages of new information. What's inside:
- Book One: Tethyr (96 pages) presents the many facets of Tethyr, from its origin as an elven homeland through its rise and fall as a human nation and up to its recent restoration from anarchy. While this growing realm is now the safest of the Lands of Intrigue, it was once a seat of the malevolent Empire of Shoon—whose influence still haunts the golden plains in the form of roving monsters, wandering ghosts, and the terrors of times past.
- Book Two: Amn (64 pages) collates all that is Amn—or, as some call it, the Coinland. Money is this country's lifeblood, whether gleaned from the trade along the Sword Coast or the far-off colonies of New Amn. However, a dark dawn has risen on those whose eyes see no further than their ledgers and coin stacks. . . .
- Book Three: Erlkazar & Folk of Intrigue (32 pages) reveals the formerly undocumented domain of Erlkazar, east of Tethyr—an area ready to be fleshed out by DMs to suit their individual campaigns. Book Three also holds the secrets of the hidden powers of the South, such as the Cowled Wizards, the Knights of the Shield, the Shadow Thieves, and the undead sorcerers of the Twisted Rune.
- Two poster maps detail the Lands of Intrigue, the Pirate Isles of the Nelanther, and the center of the long-dead Shoon Empire, the monster-riddled ruins of Shoonach.
- More than a dozen additional maps depict all the cities of Amn and Tethyr, as well as the distant Maztican colonies.