From the Back of the Book:
What makes a god a god? How are divine powers created, and how do they die? How powerful is a greater diety compared to a lesser deity? These questions and many more are answered for the FORGOTTEN REALMS campaign setting within Faiths & Avatars.
Detailed in this 192-page core supplement are the most prominent religions and deities of the Realms. Each divine power is covered in depth by an entry that includes information about the deity's appearance, personality, worshipers, portfolio, aliases, domain name, superior, allies, foes, symbol, worshipers' alignments, avatar, manifestations, church, and specialty priests. The information on each religion includes its core dogma, day-to-day activities of priests, holy days and important ceremonies, major centers of worship, affiliated orders, and the priestly vestments and adventuring garb of members of the clergy. Finally, each entry contains spells specific to each of the religions - some new, some long unavailable or hard to find, and some updated to conform with the current AD&D game rules.
Faiths & Avatars includes:
- All the greaters, intermediate, and lesser deities of the Faerûnian pantheon.
- The honored dead, including Bane, Bhaal, Moander, Myrkul, and Leira, among others.
- Expanded and clarified specialty priest classes and specific spells for all relgions with priesthoods.
- Color illustrations of priests from every faith in ceremonial dress.
- Four additional general priest classes now official to the FORGOTTEN REALMS campaign setting: crusaders, monks, mystics, and shamans.
Suitable for all levels of play.