From the back of the book:
Well met, traveler!
You hold in your hands an amazing and insightful guide to Waterdeep—the metropolis of the North, the City of Splendors. This handy pouch-sized tome presents Volo's choice of the finest, most spectacular, and least known (but most desired) information about the people, customs, and locations in Waterdeep—ranked with a handy coin, dagger, pipe, and tankard ratings system.
- What it's like to attend a private party hosted by Waterdhavian nobles,
- Where Waterdeep's ghosts walk,
- Legends and clues about famous, as-yet-uncovered treasures,
- What fare a typical Waterdhavian menu offers you,
- The best moon-kissed spots to meet Waterdhavians of the opposite sex,
- Waterdeep's best shops and craftsmen,
- The best places to dine, stay, see—and, of course, avoid!
Suitable for all levels of play.
Special Note: This edition of Volo's Guide to Waterdeep, intended for travelers from beyond the borders of Faerun, contains notes and commentary by the famous archmage and sage Elminster.