From the back cover:
Utopia, once one of the jewels of the Concordat interstellar colonization program, now lies in ruins, its carefully constructed eco-system ravaged by generations of unending strife. Despite the hardship it forced on itself, this harsh planet harbors dynamic societies that not only lived through the turmoil of the post-colonial period but managed to survive beyond. As the forces of the imperialist New Earth Commonwealth prepare their take-over of the human worlds, however, Utopia finds itself a divided planet, stuck between allegiance to their old master and a bright future offered by its fellow colonials. The Waste World lies on the blade's edge, and anyone's actions can tip the balance...
Life on Utopia is the second sourcebook in a line detailing the human colony worlds of Dream Pod 9's exciting Heavy Gear science-fiction universe. Within these covers you will find:
- A complete history of the Utopian world.
- An extensive examination of Utopia's characteristics, from its geology and hydrography to each region's particular characteristics.
- A listing of all settlements, with location, population, political system and special characteristics described in depth.
- Dozens of important personalities for the players to meet and interact with.
- An in-depth examination of the cultures, habits and lifestyles found throughout Utopian societies.
- New archetypes, equipment, vehicles, drones and campaign ideas.