Subtitle: The Second Book of the Shadowlands
From the back cover:
In the contaminated wastes of the Shadowlands, the nightmares of samurai come to unholy life. More dangers lie here than the Crab dare describe: fields grown of human hair, corpses of demons a thousand feet tall, and oni who hurl scars like spittle. Two-headed sharks swim the waters while rolling cages of bone race the demon horses of the undead Moto family.
And they do not stop at the Kaiu Wall.
Within these pages is the work of the wanderer Seikansha, whose life was rent asunder by servants of Fu Leng bidden within the very heart of Rokugan. He knows the viscera sucker that might be your bride, the forbidden teachings of bushi damned by the Emperor, and the oni who snatch spirits away from their bodies. Collecting letters, confessions, orders, and accusations from all the Clans of the Emerald Empire, Seikansha shows where the most terrifying evil waits right beside you
No one is safe.
Not even the bearers of jade.
The second Book of the Shadowlands has what you need to sustain a Shadowlands campaign with the most battle-hardened bushi.
The second Book of the Shadowlands has what you need to sustain a Shadowlands campaign with the most battle-hardened bushi, including:
- New rules to help your samurai war against the armies of the Fallen One: descend into the depths of insanity, wage mass battles against crowds of dishonorable opponents, survive bare-handed with Crab kobo ichi-kai jiujutsu, and live with the slow spread of Taint.
- Life at the Mouth of Jigoku: First-person perspectives on eating, sleeping, and dying at the Kaiu Wall, plus advice for running a horror campaign in Rokugan.
- The Lost Relics: Learn of the history and power of 15 wondrous items lost or Tainted by the Shadowlands, from the suicide weapon of Hida's first wife to the calculating device used to create the great Kaiu Wall.
- The Lost Souls: Hear the mad tale of Iuchi Karasu, the atrocities he witnessed, and his months of torture by the bloodthirsty Moto Tsume.
- The Armies of the Night: Maho-tsukai past and present, their new spells, and two dozen new creatures. Put fear into the hearts of samurai with the bushi who use black magic, the Spirit Kings that devoured the souls of the entire Snake Clan, and the akutenshi, the evil angels at the left hand of Fu Leng.