A book to help a DM/campaign judge to quickly generate and populate a fantasy castle. It contains tables that can be used to randomly generate castle attributes such as:
- Walls: number of sections, thickness, type, height, length, characteristics, defenses, etc.
- Garrison: size, technical level, morale, composition
- Siege Engines: technical level, crew type
- Leaders: level, class, race, alignment
- Followers: level, class, race, alignment
and so on.
The majority of the book is comprised of castle layouts that are mapped using Judges Guild's Campaign Hexagon System.
It was originally published as an official Dungeons & Dragons supplement in 1978 but was later reprinted as part of Judges Guild's generic "Universal Fantasy Supplement" line.