Dual system sourcebook covering ninjas of all varieties and clans throughout Rokugan.
"Ninja are nothing more than peasant superstition and an excuse for incompetent bodyguards. There are no ninja, and I will hear nothing more on the matter."
-Akodo Kage, Five years before
his exposure as a kolat master
They are the masters of shinobi, the shadow arts: spies, saboteurs, and assassins who can appear and disappear with a thought. Most regard ninja as figures of myth, created to frighten the simple-minded and remind samurai why they should hold tightly to honor and bushido. Many would be surprised to discover how real ninja truly are.
For those who hunt the shadows, or those who seek to enter them, this book can be your guide. Open it, and learn their secrets.
- Details and history on teh secret inja orders of Rokugan, including the Goju, the nefarious Kolat, and many other minor ninja dojo never described before.
- New ninja, abilities, feats, and techniques for both the Legend of the Five Rings RPG, 2nd Edition and the d20 System.
- Tools of the trade - dozens of strange new weapons and tools used by the ninja.
- Tejina - the secret shadow-magic of the Scorpion.
- Featuring story and characters from the popular Legend of the Five Rings collectible card game's Gold Edition.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.
The path of shadow is waiting for you...