A campaign sourcebook which adapts the Jade Edition story arc from the L5R CCG. A spiritual successor to the earlier Time of the Void sourcebook. Though the rest of the dual system sourcebooks are set in a period much later than this, they went back in the timeline to produce this historical reference guide. Notable for being the last dual system sourcebook for both Legend of the Five Rings and Oriental Adventures, as both AEG and WoTC moved on to new core systems.
One man will save his master. The other will kill him.
Just when hope burned most brightly in the Empire or Rokugan, a sinister shadow has fallen across the Jade Throne. Emperor Toturi I has been kidnapped, and the villainous Scorpion Clan have been unjustly accused of the crime. With only an inexperienced Imperial Chancellor to restore peace, the Great Clans fall into war among themselves. Old hatreds are awakened, old rivalries restored, and the Empire is consumed by war. When the Emperor is rescued, Rokugan's problems grow even worse, as it seems that Toturi is no longer himself...
The Hidden Emperor is a sourcebook for the Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying game, retelling a period known as the War Against the Darkness, also known as the Hidden Emperor Story Arc in the L5R Collectible Card Game.
- This is a dual system sourcebook featuring d20 and d10 statistics.
- The Hidden Emperor is an excellent basis for a campaign if a GM wishes to set adventures during this historic period and also serves as a useful reference for this period in Rokugan's history.
- Recounts the Hidden Emperor Story Arc for the L5R Role-Playing Game. Features a complete campaign set during this time.
- Updates the statistics of many important L5R characters to take advantage of new mechanics as well as advancing them to this period in history.
- Planned to be the last dual system sourcebook, a milestone in L5R history.
Welcome to the Jade Empire.
The Emperor Toturi has ruled Rokugani for two years of peace, but that peace will soon be shattered. When the Emperor vanishes from his bedchamber, accusations and speculation fly. Old hatreds boil to the surface. Before long, the clans collide once more in a war that threatens the Empire.
And in the shadows of Mori Kage Castle, Goju Adorai makes his plans. A force older than the world itself prepares to twist all of creation to its purpose. The time has come, and at last it has the tool it needs to turn Rokugan against itself.
At last it has an Emperor.
Within The Hidden Emperor you will find the following:
- A complete and updated history of the War Against the Darkness, retelling the story of the Jade Edition story arc of Legend of the Five Rings. Old tales are retold for posterity, and new mysteries are revealed.
- New mechanics and adventure hooks dealing with this period in history, but that can be easily adapted to a campaign set in any time period.
- A complete campaign set in the War Against the Darkness.
- Updated statistics for over forty of the most important personalities in this era.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.