Dual system sourcebook for Legend of the Five Rings and Oriental Adventures examining the Scorpion Clan in Rokugan. Something of a sequel to the Way of the Scorpion, it brings the description up to date with the metaplot timeline of L5R 2e. While these volumes contain player options and information, they're primarily a GM resource as spoiler information and secrets are interspersed throughout the text.
"Secrets? There are no secrets." -- Bayushi Yojiro, Master of Secrets
Secrets of the Scorpion is a detailed sourcebook containing a wealth of information for campaigns involving the Scorpion Clan.
Provinces, customs, history, and important figures will be explored in greater depth than in past editions. This book not only serves as a player's guide for being a Scorpion, but also as a GM's guide for creating adventures set in Scorpion territories. Includes a special Secrets chapter containing unrivaled mysteries of the Scorpion. This book also updates the story through the current expansion of the CCG arc.
- Compatible with the traditional Alderac game system and the popular d20 system.
- New options for campaigns and character creation assure that product appeals both to players and GMs.
- Setting information could be removed and placed in other settings with minimal difficulty, appealing to non-L5R d20 fans.
- Contains new fiction and background information featuring L5R characters.
- Strong continuity with the L5R CCG
"There are deadlier things in the night than ghosts and demons. One man in the right place can topple an Empire." - Shosuro Yudoka, Ninja Master
Secrets of the Scorpion explores the most sinister Great Clan, illustrating their customs, holdings, and way of life. Explore the secrets of the Scorpion if you dare...
Within you will find:
- Insight into the culture of the Scorpion Clan and the families that comprise it.
- Mechanics for secret orders within the clan: Yogo ward masters, the guardians of dark secrets; the sinister Shadowed Tower, revolutionaries willing to use the darkest magic to further their ends; and more!
- Information on the Ashalan, enigmatic nonhumans who followed the Scorpion across the Burning Sands.
- The Compound, a hidden den of vice and corruption where the Shadowed Tower conduct their basest, most insidious rituals.
- The darkest secrets of the Scorpion Clan- ones even the clan of secrets would be surprised to learn.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.