Dual system sourcebook for Legend of the Five Rings and Oriental Adventures examining the Crab Clan in Rokugan. Something of a sequel to the Way of the Crab, it brings the description up to date with the metaplot timeline of L5R 2e. While these volumes contain player options and information, they're primarily a GM resource as spoiler information and secrets are interspersed throughout the text.
Secrets of the Crab is a highly detailed sourcebook containing a wealth of information for campaigns involving the Crab Clan. Provinces, customs, history, and important individuals will be explored in greater depth than in past books. This book not only serves as a player's guide to being a Crab, but also as a GM's guide for creating adventures set in Crab territories. Includes a special Secrets chapter containing unrivaled mysteries of the Crab. This book updates the story through the current expansion of the CCG arc.
- Compatible with the traditional Alderac game system and the popular d20 system.
- New options for campaigns and character creation mean that product will appeal to both players and GMs.
- Setting information could be removed and placed in any setting with minimal difficulty, appealing to non-L5R d20 fans.
- Contains new fiction and background information featuring L5R characters.
- Strong continuity with the L5R CCG.
"Every day would be the death of you all, the end of everything the Empire has built...except that we are there." -Hide Reiha
Secrets of the Crab investigates the children of Hida, the most indefatigable of Great Clans. See the customs, holdings and way of life of the men and women that live only a stone's throw from the Festering Pit. Come stand upon the Kaiu Wall beside them. If you dare...
Within, you will find:
- Information on the major and minor holdings of each Crab family, complete with points of interest, notable individuals, and suggestions on how to incorporate these elements into character backgrounds and adventures.
- Mechanics for the secret weapons and techniques of the Crab armies: Kaiu siege weaponry, Kuni crystal weapons, Hida weaponry innovations, and new techniques for the Dammed- doomed crack troops who rush to their death in combat to avoid the inevitable madness of the Taint!
- Secrets revealed about the Yasuki conspiracy, the Crab's Nezumi alliance, and the mysterious Shakoki Dogu, ghost of the Twilight Mountains.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.