Dual system sourcebook for Legend of the Five Rings and Oriental Adventures examining the Unicorn Clan in Rokugan. Something of a sequel to the Way of the Unicorn, it brings the description up to date with the metaplot timeline of L5R 2e. While these volumes contain player options and information, they're primarily a GM resource as spoiler information and secrets are interspersed throughout the text.
"All who oppose me die." - Moto Chagatai, the Khan.
Secrets of the Unicorn is a carefully designed sourcebook cataloguing a matrix of information for campaigns concerning the Unicorn Clan. Provinces, customs, history, and heroes will be explored in greater depth than in past publications. This book not only serves as a player's guide to being a Unicorn, but also as a GM's guide for creating adventures set in Unicorn territories. Includes a special Secrets chapter containing the unrivaled mysteries of the Unicorn. This book updates the story through the current expansion of the CCG arc.
- Compatible with the traditional Alderac game system and the popular d20 system.
- New options for campaigns and character creation mean that product appeals to both players and GMs.
- Setting information could be removed and placed in other settings with minimal difficulty to appeal to non-L5R d20 fans.
- Contains new fiction and background information featuring L5R characters.
- Strong continuity with the L5R CCG
"The other clans think us foolish, uncouth barbarians with no understanding of the Empire. We shall see how much we understand once they have fallen beneath our hooves."- Moto Chagatai, the Khan
Secrets of the Unicorn explores the strange nomads of the west, the Unicorn Clan, illustrating their customs, holdings and way of life. Though many fail to understand their gaijin ways, the Unicorn possess a strength and honor as strong as any other clan.
Within, you will find:
- The history, traditions, and holdings of the Unicorn families: Moto, Shinjo, Utaku, Ide, Iuchi, and Horiuchi.
- New techniques, schools, and special abilities for elite Unicorn characters, including members of the Khan's Three Armies.
- Tales of the Unicorn's trave;s beyond the borders of the Empire, and unique insight into their unconventional blend of Rokugani and gaijin customs.
- Maps and descriptions of Outsider Keep, the most remote location in all the Unicorn lands, home to gaijin traders, smugglers, and a secret conspiracy.
- Many of the darkest secrets of the Unicorn finally revealed.
This book is a dual-system supplement for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game, Second Edition, and Rokugan, the d20 Companion for Legend of the Five Rings. Players and DMs may also find it useful as a source of interesting new feats and abilities for any d20 System campaign.
Game Masters running the Second Edition L5R RPG will need a copy of the Legend of the Five Rings Game Master's Guide and the Player's Guide. Players need only the Player's Guide.
Dungeon Masters running d20 System games will need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide, Oriental Adventures, and Rokugan. Players will need only a Player's Handbook.