Adversary and enemies sourcebook for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer rpg.
Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, and a Slayer's gotta have something to slay. Fortunately for her, there's no shortage of vamps, demons, nasties, and Big Bads wandering around out there. And when the latte hits the fan, knowing an Acathla from a Gorch can save the world. The keys to combating these charmless creatures of nightmare are all here, in vivid detail.
"Buffy: To make you a vampire, they have to suck your blood and then you have to suck their blood; it's like a whole big sucking thing.
-1.1 Welcome to the Hellmouth"
Hey, nobody said living on the Hellmouth was going to be all sunshine and stylish garb
The Monster Smackdown is a supplement for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer roleplaying game. In it, you will find:
- An overview covering the nature of the Buffyverse, hellmouths, and hell dimensions, including some never before seen samples
- A complete rundown on vampires, including their powers, vulnerabilities, morality, nature, and hangouts
- A similar treatment for demons, with specific on many demonic races
- Details on non-vamp undead, primals, human villains, and various other critters that populate the Buffyverse
- Background and specifics on Buffy's major villains, unique demons, hellgoddesses, and real bad nasties, including a revisit of all the seasonal Big Bads
- Rules, guidelines, and ideas for creating monsters true to the spirit of the Buffyverse, including a list of mix-and-match monster powers
- A complete Episode featuring a major turning point in the Djinn Season