"Roleplaying in the World of Pirates and Musketeers"
A major expansion of the first two editions of GURPS Swashbucklers.
From the back cover:
"Adventure in a Time of Gallantry and Grace
"Come to the age of the Swashbuckler, when the world was wide and fortunes could be made in an afternoon of smoking cannons and bloody cutlasses!
"Swing from a chandelier into the fray, with rapier in hand and dagger in teeth, and show the Cardinal's guards they can't insult the queen!
"Or wait on the quiet back roads of England on a moonless night, pistols and reigns in your hands, and hope the Squire's coach isn't too well guarded...
"Pirates, Musketeers, and Highwaymen all come alive in this worldbook of romantic adventure from Elizabeth I to Napoleon."
Here you'll find:
- New martial arts maneuvers and styles, from the "Old School" style of military combat, to the Spanish style of La Destreza Verdadera (The True Skill), which taught students geometry and philosophy as well as swordplay.
- Historical backgrounds and chronologies for the eras of sailing ships and musketeers, including aspects of everyday life and fasion.
- Details on the Paris of Dumas' Musketeers, including descriptions of major personalities - both real and fictional - and How to be French.
- Facts and fiction from the Golden Age of Piracy, from centers of piracy such as Port Royal in the Caribbean, to the"articles of agreement" that governed pirate society, to the famous pirates who still capture the imagination.
- Complete ship combat rules - no counters or maps, just roleplaying - for playing out ship-to-ship battles, where style and daring are more important that strategy and skill.
DRAW YOUR SWORDS!