While primarily a miniatures supplement, Tactical Dueling does provide some material useful in an RPG campaign. The arena and racing rules can aid a campaign or adventure set in the dueling circuits, and the pit stop rules can also be useful for roleplaying field repairs.
From the back cover:
Tactical Dueling explores the various settings where modern Duelists and other fighters meet in battle. Along with some background information on the Duelists' traditions, the core of the sourcebook contains rules for playing arena battles with the tabletop wargaming rules introduced in the Tactical Minatures Rules.
This sourcebook includes:
- Rules for fielding your own Duelist characters (with variable stats and abilities)
- Stats and special rules for arena features and traps.
- Racing and rally racing rules, with pit stops and quick repairs.
- Tournament rules, including elimination, round robin and ladder types.
- Advanced one-on-one fighting.
- Modeling instructions and suggestions for arena terrain pieces.
- Conversion rules for dueling machines' minatures.
- Datacards for the dueling vehicles shown in the Heavy Gear universe.