From the back cover:
• COLOR TERRAIN MAPS detailing the lands of Arthedain, Cardolan and Rhudaur—a total of 10 pages.
• MYSTICAL AND RELIGIOUS ORDERS of Arthedain, including the healing Sisters of Nienna and the secret Lindalistyari.
• WARCRAFT used by the three sister kingdoms, including the Dagarim Aran and the Degerim Ereter of Arthedain, the “Raggers” of Cardolan, and the mercenaries who sell their services to the highest bidder—the Ragh Crann-Sleagha, the Cruaidh Maraich, the Troich-Armchleasah, and the Forak-Eiginn.
• CASTLES, CITIES AND SITES including the eerie leaning hill of Cameth Brin, bustling and over-populated Tharbad, and the haunted Barrow-downs.
• RANGERS OF THE NORTH —their history, organization, duties, and how to create a Ranger player character.
• THE FATE OF KINGS, a series of exciting scenarios combining political intrigue with royal warfare.
• COLOR CITY MAPS depicting the streets, canals, bridges and edifices of Tharbad; the avenues, gardens and libraries of Annúminas; and the earthen dikes, stone walls and high guard towers of fortified Fornost Erain.
In the year 861 of the Third Age, Arnor was sundered. The death of the tenth and last Arnorian king, Eärendur, left the North kingdom's loyalties split among Eärendur's three surviving sons. Amlaith of Fornost, the eldest of the three and thus the Prince most deserving of inheriting his father's full domai, won the Sceptre of Annúminas but in the process lost half of Arnor's territory and much of her power. His brothers staked claim to the eatern and southern lands and successfully countered his attempts to reunify the realm.
Thus the North Kingdom split into three independent, neighbouring but lesser states: Arthedain, Cardolan and Rhudaur.
This realm module details the three sister kingdoms and their relations with one another. Much of the material covering Arthedain and Cardolan was previously available in Rangers of the North: The Kingdom of Arthedain and Lost Realm of Cardolan. The information on Rhudaur, together with more extensive lore concerning the inhabitants of sundered Arnor, has never appeared in previous modules.
The Credits section notes that this compilation also includes significant reworked material from the adventure modules Hillmen of the Trollshaws, Bree and the Barrow-Downs and Thieves of Tharbad.