From the Back:
"'Set...focus...Strike!' A samurai of Rokugan who dares not thrill to these words is no samurai at all and would do well to abandon his swords by the side of the road. Dueling captures many important facets of a samurai's life: skill with a blade, moral and physical courage, personal honor and loyalty to family and clan. It is an experience which compresses his existence to it's essence...his entire being summed up in a single instant of perfect action.
The Art of the Duel covers a full range of Rokugani practices: iaijutsu duels, Phoenix naginata duels, Tsuruchi archery contests, Unicorn competitions of horsemanship, Cran and Badger sumai wrestling, Ikoma storytelling contests, Doji debates - even Crab Clan drinking games."
This book contains:
- The dueling practices of every major clan, including many of the minor ones.
- Many new schools, paths, kata and advanced schools
- Rules for quicker dueling resolution
- Taryu-jiai rules
- Rules for courtly competitions
- How to run the Emerald Championship in your own game