From the back of the book:
You Have Been Labeled Spies, Assassins, Traitors, Villains, and Worse.
You have been so long associated with covert operations, classified material, and undisclosed funding that those in the know call you Black Book.
If that's the price of protecting humanity, so be it. You make no apologies or excuses - mankind must prepare for the inevitable showdown with the alien invaders.
You will use any means to ensure that when the live fire starts, humanity comes out on top.
The Hand Unseen: The Black Book Sourcebook is a supplement for Conspiracy X, the premier roleplaying game of modern conspiracies. The book takes players inside Aegis' major rival, the National Defense Directorate (NDD).
Inside The Hand Unseen, you will find:
- A recruitment level overview of the National Defense Directorate's goals, policies, and departments, and the rigorous training program each member must pass upon acceptance.
- New professions and how to adjust the Conspiracy X character creation process for the elite of the NDD.
- A rundown on the Majestic Clearance rating system, various types of missions, assembling effective taskforces, resource allocation, and specialized equipment.
- A detailed analysis of NDD programs, presented in a series of successively higher clearance level articles so Game Masters can disseminate knowledge on a need to know basis.
- A complete listing of the members of the Central Command, as well as background information on a host of top-secret projects.
- Information on special operatives, the Dulce base, and hidden conspiracies within the NDD.