From the back of the book:
Heads Will Roll!
The Curse of the Crimson Throne takes hold of Korvosa! In the shadow of an ailing king, a new ruler gathers power, sending shockwaves through a populace already plagued by unrest and pushing the largest city in Varisia to the brink of disaster.
In the face of anarchy, a new band of heroes gathers at the call of a mysterious patron. Strange magic and mysterious prophesies set them on the trail of a common foe—a path that draws them into a struggle to save the city from ruin. Amid the intrigues of kings and generals, heroes and thieves, it’s up to these new heroes to decide whether the rule of a new monarch will usher in a new age of glory or a reign of chaos.
This volume of Pathfinder begins the Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path, and includes:
- “Edge of Anarchy,” an adventure for 1st-level characters, by Nicolas Logue.
- Revelations of the Harrow, the tarot-like deck of Varisian divinations, by designers Mike Selinker and Teeuwynn Woodruff.
- An exploration of Varisian culture, detailing the living history and mysterious ways of these enigmatic nomads, by Amber Scott.
- Details on Eando Kline’s first journey into the dangerous Cinderlands, as recorded in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Michael Kortes.
- Six new monsters by Nicolas Logue and Mike McArtor.