From the back of the book:
Strange portents in the great Seeing-stone of Minas Tirith give promise that one of the lost palantíri of the North has returned to the lands of Men. Can the adventurers find this legendary treasure and bring it to King Elessar? Rogues of the wilds, blizzards out of the Forodwaith, and the green in Men's hearts all conspire against them.
[i]Palantír Quest[/i] contains an extended series of adventures—a campaign—that culminate in a perilous confrontation with a subtle and deadly foe of the Reunited Kingdoms. It's perfect for players moving up from [b][i]LOR[/i][/b]™ to [b][i]MERP[/i][/b]™. The quest is also suitable for the experienced GM who wants exciting, detailed, linked scenarios that require no extra set-up work from him or her. All the NPCs and sites involved are fully described, and the course of the adventure is completely charted.
[b][i]Palantír Quest[/i] includes:
• THE HEROIC SEARCH for a palantír of the North, a quest which takes our bold adventurers from the splendor of Fourth Age Minas Tirith to the frozen expanses of Forodwaith to the tangled glades of Greenwood the Great.
• HISTORY OF THE SEEING-STONES from their creation in the West to their final fate in the Middle Lands.
• TRAVEL NARRATIVE—for the GM to read aloud to the players—describing in brilliant detail the sights seen by adventurers on their journeys across Endor.
• FOES who march to the tune of a subtle adversary: their stats, motivations and tactical methods.
• ALLIES bound to succor the PCs out of loyalty to King Elessar.
• ADVENTURE SITES where treasure, secrets and dangers abide—including the ruins of Annúminas, a sacred refuge of the Lossoth, the burial chamber of a forgotten King and a smuggle's Lake-town hideaway.