From the Back of the Box:
A Beast I Am, Lest a Beast I Become
The Masquerade is a revolutionary storytelling game of live-action roleplaying. It is a type of improvisational theatre in which you assume the role of a vampire. You play out our character's actions, invent your own lines, and experience the dark passions of your tortured alter ego. Costumes and props are optional, its your imagination that matters. The rules are elegantly simple, and allow you to resolve conflicts quickly and easily, without stepping out of character. Though luck always plays a role, no dice or charts are involved.
Designed for 5 to 15 people (or even more), it's a party game like you've never seen before.
- Book of the Damned - which offers detailed insight into the horrifying World of Darkness.
- The Character Book provides rules for character inspiration and realization.
- The Story Book offers a plethora of rules and suggestions for creating engaging stories.
- A complete, easy-to-use introductory story, Unto the Not So Gentle Night.
- 16 briefing sheets, letting you start play in under 15 minutes.
- Character cards
- Ankh necklace, blood capsules and vampire fangs.