From the back of the book:
SWORDBEARER is a complete fantasy role-playing game. It covers all areas of concern to players and gamemasters alike, including detailed discussions of such subjects as:
- Character Creation
- A Variety of Intelligent Character Races
- Magic (Both Elemental and Spirit Magic)
- Campaigns (With a Detailed Mapping System)
- Culture, Economies, and Religions
- Animals and Creatures
Included in this boxed set are the revised, second edition rules to SWORDBEARER in the following format:
- Sixty page rulebook with the basic rules of play including character creation, combat, the character's place in society, combat rules, elemental and spirit magic, elementals, poisons and diseases.
- Thirty-six page rulebook for gamemasters setting up campaigns with rules for 28 intelligent species, animals and mythological creatures, and detailed gamemaster guidelines for mapping, balancing adventures and adventure creation.
- Gamemaster's Screen
- Master Character Sheet suitable for photocopying
(USER NOTE: The above description is on the back of the book, but this version is Fantasy Games Unlimited's POD reprint of the 2nd Edition rules. The two rulebooks are combined into one and it does not include a box, a gamemaster screen, or a master character sheet. However, a note is included in the back of the book with instructions for downloading printable PDF's of the Screen and Character Sheets.)