From the back cover:
"Starfleet Academy includes:
Book One: The Academy Handbook
- New character creation rules - the personality archetype
- Dozens of new traits
- 15 devices used by cadets
- 125 course descriptions from the Academy's curriculum
- Starfleet Academy campus. Visit Kirk Hall and take the Kobayashi Maru test, or study warp dynamics at the Cochrane building
- Over a dozen characters: Take a class on Klingon physiology with Professor H'okh; go on a field trip to the Sakathean Burial Mounds with Professor Novakovich; or get some sage advice from Boothby.
Book Two: Narrator's Guide
- Advice for Narrators on running an Academy-based series. Now, your Star Trek: The Next Generation games don't have to start with your first tour of duty.
- Two complete adventures.
Book Three: The Cadet's Guide to Sector 001
- Detailed description of the Sol system from Pluto Station and the Academy Flight Range to the Martian colonies and New Berlin.
- Details of Earth, where your cadet will live and work for four years. Drop by Chez Sandrine for a drink, or Sisko's Creole Kitchen for some etouffee (or tube grups). Take in teh sights of San Francisco, London, Paris, and Sydney (to name a few).
Plus two double-sided, full color maps, including the Sol system, the Academy Campus, the moon and Mars, and Academy uniforms!"