* Allows you to Create and Maintain multiple Characters.
* Is FREE and works on all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS).
* Data and character files are operating system independent.
* Supports d20 based Game Systems including D&D (3E, 3.5E, 4E), d20 Modern, Pathfinder, d20 Modern.
* Supports Tons of Publishers and their products.
* Is highly configurable, allowing the user to add or remove races, classes, feats, and house rules such as unusual class or race restrictions.
* Supports level advancement, with configurable progressions of feats, skills and ability score bonuses.
* Produces numerous customized character and party sheets in HTML, TEXT and PDF formats.
GMGen Plugin Features
* Track combats, including damage, spells, and can even roll attacks. The current combat state may be saved for those game sessions which end in mid-combat.
* The combat tracker has a full stat block for loaded characters/enemies. If you want to see how your abilities look, you can pop up GMGen if you don't want to export a character sheet.
* Assign experience based on defeated combatants' CRs and the party level.
* Create encounters, generating the monsters on demand.
* Manage a campaign world through a notes system that allows word processing, as well as the ability to attach files to particular notes and the ability to launch those files/characters from the note.
* Generate random names for people/places/things.
* Calculate travel times and inn costs according to the SRD.
* Create 'dice bags' with any dice expression (such as 1d6-2d4+3).
* All versions of PCGen need Sun's Java Runtime Environment (JRE) which is available for all common OS's, including Windows, Mac OS, UNIX and Linux.
* PCGen 5.10.2 (and above) needs to run under Sun's JRE (Java) 1.5.x (or above).
* If you wish to view PDF output sheets, you'll need a PDF viewer.
* Minimum RAM is 256MB (recommended 1-2GB)
* Minimum CPU is 1GHz (recommended 2Ghz+)
* 200MB of free HD space