From the back of the book:
The wait is over...
Here is Arduin, the renowned fantasy role-play system, totally revised and reorganized. This volume, the first in the two-volume set, contains the following new and improved features:
- Step-by-step character development, with three compleat examples.
- A modular format, allowing use of parts of the system with many other popular role-playing systems.
- More than two dozen fully-developed character classes.
- Twenty distinct character races.
- Comprehensive conventions for handling the development of split-class characters.
- New, simple and fair rules for awarding experience.
- Comprehensive rules for the use of magik.
- A compleat description of the Arduin Battle Factor combat system, including all you need to conduct realistic melees.
- Over 125 melee and missile weapons, including random critical hit and fumble modifiers.
- Over 50 different kinds of armor.
- Rules for a variety of firearms, including pistols, rifles, automatic weapons, muzzle-loading cannon, mod era artillery and energy weaponry.
- A new, simpler system for sequencing combat.
- Price lists for most anything your character might want or need.
and much, much more!