From the back of the book:
95 creatures lie in wait in RuneQuest Monsters, the third in the series of Games Workshop's enormously popular edition of the RuneQuest Fantasy Roleplaying Adventure game. You will find friends and foes; humans, non-humans and not-even-close-to-humans; creatures of lore and myth, and horrific creatures that could only exist in the world of RuneQuest.
Featuring over 120 illustrations, with almost every creature shown — many in full colour — RuneQuest Monsters also has one other important innovation. Many of the creatures are presented not only as a set of rules for the generation of a specific monster, but with an example of the creature ready for play! There are 16 pages of human NPCs alone! Never before has a monster volume been so useful!
- Featuring monsters from the Gloranthan mythos: the Jack 'o' Bear, the Walktapus and the malevolent Broo
- Creatures from Earth's oldest legends: the Vampire, the Werewolf and the Mummy
- Creatures from the deepest oceans: the Whale, the Octopus and the shark
- Creatures that rule the land: the Elephant, the Tiger and the Python
- Creatures from a time before time: the Brontosaurus, the Plesiosaur, and the Behemoth!