From the Back of the Book:
Have your AD&D players been everywhere and slain everything? Are they getting bored with the same old world? Need to shake them up? Then drop them into the Vortex!
Step through the portal into:
- The Vortex of Madness: In the depths of Limbo, a lost legend warps reality. Discover the fate of one of history's great madmen in this mind-bending locale.
- The Citadel of Gith Reborn: A lone githyanki fortress in the vast gray of the Astral Plane holds a grave threat to the rule of the lich-queen. Has the legendary Gith returned?
- Leonis: On an obscure demiplane, a crazed wizard defies both magic and science with his creations. Are his secrets worth dying for?
- The Black Acropolis: Zeus imprisoned the Titans in the pit of Tarterus countless millennia ago--but even the Great Cage can't hold them forever.
- The City of Glass: The "Sigil of the Elements" is the destination on the Plane of Water. Here are possibilities as endless as the Bottomless Deep itself.
The Vortex of Madness presents five intriguing places on the Inner and Outer Planes. Designed for high-level campaigns, each site is a gateway to adventure. Whether for a single visit or a continuing tour, The Vortex of Madness has all you need to take your game beyond the Prime. The book also includes an optional storyline linking all five planar locales.
These adventure sites can be used with the PLANESCAPE setting or any other ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game world.