From the publisher:
The Battlelines have been drawn.
The Psi Wars have begun.
In the time and space between slumber and waking, war is being fought. This war is not fought by nations or even in the streets of our cities.
It is fought in our minds -- in that most private place we consider sacred and untouchable.
Using nightmares as weapons, the enemy threatens to drive us all mad with terrifying sights and horrific thoughts. Such terrors are all the worse because they do not seem to originate from an outside point, but from one inside our very beings. We did not ask for this war, but we cannot shy away from it. Should we lose this war of thought, we could very well lose our minds.
From the back cover:
Bodyguard of Lies: Psi-Wars is the first in a series of module/sourcebooks for the Conspiracy X roleplaying game. This book includes:
- A ready-to-run adventure pitting the agents against a terrifying psychological menace
- New and revised weapons and vehicles stats
- New character professions, skills, trainings and traits
- New rules for hazardous materials and fear
- New uses for contacts and connections
- New Seepage-created manifestations