From the back of the book:
T5 gives you the opportunity to take part in a unique combat simulation set in the mostly unexplored and devastated future, where earth has witnessed four prior world wars and life is primarily spent on survival. Countries go to war over water and food. Paper and coin monies are unknown-with bartering being commonly accepted and "currency credits" taking the place of traditional money exchange. once again, the seas and oceans are largely untamed and ruled by pirates. the skies never see human flight as it was once known. worldwide population is cut by over two-thirds. Earth is reduced to a savage and primal state with new multinational borders. Cached old technology comes back and new "futuristic" technology is limited and held at the highest and most top secret "black" levels. Scientists are typically regarded as the most important life forms on the planet and must be protected-and retained-at all costs, for they may very well be the saviors of the human race.
You can play T5 as a traditional tabletop miniatures wargame or roleplay as one of the characters - or both simultaneously - while you explore this sanguinary new earth. if you prefer, you can have the game run by a game master igm), or have it run on its own with all the players filling the role as gm and having a say in the course of the action-no more waiting for someone to run the game for you.
Your mission awaits...
This 422 page Master Rulebook is packed with all the rules and information you need to play both miniatures and role playing games.
You will find:
- A complete easy-to-use game system with all the charts and tables you need. Plus, numerous explanations and examples throughout the rules.
- An armory with over IOO different weapons, ammo, scopes, body armor, and more.
- Pages of miscellaneous gear, equipment, and supplies of all types, including uniquely specialized and extremely rare high-tech Exotic Gear.
- Over 60 vehicles including tanks. IFVs. APCs. military transport, scout and armored cars, boats and assault watercraft, mini-subs, and conventional transport.
- Rules for creating and maintaining characters, including Quick Roll-Up Guides and QuickCreate Arrays, scenarios, fog of war. armies, weather, logistics. PC experience, scalable victory points system, victory conditions, and time tracking.
- A detailed timeline, plus major personalities, armies, and current world history.