From the back cover:
Hoth, Protazk, Endor, Picutorion: trials of strength and fortitude. Outgunned and outnumbered, the valiant Rebel Alliance struggles against the forces of a merciless Galactic Empire. Do you have what it takes to lead your troops to victory and turn the tide of the Rebellion?
In Star Wars Miniatures Battles, you assemble your army of Star Wars miniatures and set forth across the tabletop to battle your foe. You pit your troops against the might of the Empire in order to rekindle the flame of the Old Republic. Or perhaps you'd prefer to send in your stormtroopers to crush the traitorous Rebels for the greater glory of the New Order - thereby extinguishing that flame for all time.
You Do Not Need Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game to Play this Game.
112-page book features:
- A complete set of rules for conducting tabletop battles with miniatures, set in the galaxy of the Star Wars saga.
- Basic and Advanced rules, including rules for the Force, Heroes - even rules for using roleplaying game characters in battle!
- Complete guidelines for painting figures and creating miniature scenery.
- Hints and tips on staging unique and interesting battles.
- Numerous photographs of painted figures and terrain, providing a wealth of modeling and painting ideas.
- Scenarios to help you get started.
What is a miniatures game?
In this game, you and your opponent field armies of miniature figures on a tabletop, with model scenery representing actual terrain. You move your figures across the terrain, trying to outma-neuver your opponents and eventually defeat them in battle.