From the publisher:
The Second American Civil War began just after 10 am CST on January 22, 2061. A historic, highly controversial abortion clinic on Ogalada Sioux reservation land was wiped off the map, and it’s RAINBOW Liberty defenders were slaughtered by a post-human terrorist codenamed Life Tank.”
-wikipedia.mesh, circa 2107
A Soldier’s Book of Shadows
“Each woman must be free to make her own choice; no man may safely decide for her; she must give life gladly to be able to give it well.”
-C. Gasquoine Hartley, The Truth About Women (1913)
Closed: The Manual of Pro-Life Tactical Doctrine
“Outside the comfort zone, the spirit of murder grew, unchecked by those called to establish the law of God.”
-Neal Horsley, circa 2000
It’s the year 2107, less than two decades after the Treaty of Boston brought 30 years of savage sectarian violence and civil war to a close. America struggles to rise from the ashes of the Abortion War, while the rival Lifer and Choicer factions build their own unique cultures from what’s left. The differences between pro-life and pro-choice, between liberal and conservative, between Christian and Pagan, have been sharpened to a killing edge.
Otherverse America is the core sourcebook for the Otherverse America campaign setting, and is divided into multiple sections with each describing a specific faction; their goals, tactics, gear, heroes and villains. This sourcebook describes Otherverse America as a military sci-fi setting, and provides a battle-field look at the setting’s history and soldier’s eye view of its core conflicts. Other sections provide an in-depth look at civilian life in the Otherverse, daily life within the Lifer or Choicer military, and provides suggestion for building powerful, post-human soldiers.
This 320 page sourcebook includes:
- More than a dozen new starting occupations including the Spider-farm Hobbyist, the Coven-guard, Neo-Witch Midwife, Closer and Vindicator Advanced Classes, as well as a new 10 level Powered Hero Basic Class.
- New Player Species unique to Otherverse America.
- Complete rules for genetic engineering, including civilian non-combat genetic engineering!
- Object Philosophies: A new type of mental weapon that can transform ordinary men and women into super-humans thanks to will power alone.
- Comprehensive equipment files for both factions, from guns to vehicles to new suits of Powered Armor.
- A comprehensive overview of the world’s civilian culture, from arts and entertainment to sexuality and family life.
- More than a 100 Otherverse specific plot hooks.