From the publisher:
The Black Fortress...
For well over a thousand years this impenetrable and mysterious stronghold, set deep in the heart of the Negative Energy Plane, has remained a silent observer to the events transpiring upon the surface of Netherworld: a fortress rumored to house the deepest and darkest secrets of arcane necromancy until the end of time. Unknown to even the most experienced of magic users, The Black Fortress is also the last known location of The Black Skull Staff, an artifact of arcane sorcery believed to be strong enough to destroy the deadliest threat to Netherworld's continued existence, the Greater Demon Holofax. Equally as dangerous is the staff's last known owner, an enigmatic wizard known only as the Death Master.
Intended for a party of 4-6 brave adventurers of 8th-10th level Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition characters, The Black Fortress: Death Master is the first module set in the Netherworld Campaign Setting and introduces players to a brand new world of races, monsters, classes, feats, spells, and magic items unique to that realm.
Module Highlights Include:
- Full Color Cover Art by Wayne Reynolds, one of the industry's premiere artists.
- 90% all inclusive module is ready to play, meaning most of the monsters, characters, spells, feats, and items are included in the Appendix so you don't have to stop the game to look up things.
- 4 original pre-generated characters ready to combat the undead threat and tackle The Fortress.
- A horde of original monsters like the Abominations, the Kthuloi, the Cobalt Behemoth, and the Dark Harvester, to test your player's mettle.
- All new creature templates like the Unliving and the Half Undead.
- New feats and spells like Vampirc Rage, Mist Form Mastery, and Spine Demon.