From the back cover:
Death Never Sleeps!
Necromancy. What is it about this word, above so many others, that its merest whisper, a voice on the wind, can so completely inspire terror and revulsion in even the strongest of men? Given the hatred it inspires, what sort of person chooses this dark path? Who among us chooses to be an outcast, a pariah, even a target of the inquisition? With its dabblings in blood and corrupted flesh, graveyards and abattoirs, unclean spirits and immoral scoundrels, what is the appeal of this dark art?
Secret College of Necromancy, second in Green Ronin's Arcana series, answers all these questions and more. The essential sourcebook on necromancy, this dark tome is packed with information for Game Masters and players alike, including:
- Two new core classes: the necromancer and the death knight.
- 74 new necromancy spells, including spells of two new types: mortal curses and dark pacts.
- New feats and magic items, plus full descriptions of 8 infamous tomes.
- 8 new monsters, including the death angel, the flayed man, and the blood golem.
- The Secret College, a complete, city-based necromantic organization.
- Detailed locations like the Winter Manor and the Charnel House.
- Full stat blocks for key members of the Secret College.
Written by 2nd edition AD&D architect David "Zeb" Cook and former Dragon Magazine editor Wolfgang Baur, Secret College of Necromancy is the definitive treatment of the dark art of death.