From the publisher:
Now available as a 128-page digest edition, Mythweaver: Reckoning is the game you HAVE to try! This expanded edition includes a complete campaign backdrop, new races, magic talents, skills and monsters.
So, what makes Mythweaver: Reckoning different from other fantasy RPGs?
- A single mechanic allows you to do everything in the game- heroes, monsters, magic and items all follow the same rules, and all work in the same way.
- The setting and system are fully integrated. Why do dwarves use storm magic? There's a mechanical and story-based reason. Why do gnomes and goblins dislike each other? There's a mechanical and story-based reason. Why are the heroes special? There's a mechanical and story-based reason.
- This is the only book you need. Everything is here for ongoing play.
- You can learn the rules in an hour, have a character made in fifteen minutes, and be bashing skeletal wardens upside the head with your mace before the evening is through.
- You have the best support available for an indie fantasy RPG, including a small but vocal player community, ongoing support through a monthly magazine, and a growing web presence that rivals some full-time game companies.
- It's got a responsive and dedicated creator. If you think something should be part of the game or if you don't understand why a mechanic works like it does, you'll probably get the content, fix, answer or explanation quickly.
- You have the opportunity to become an integral part of the game's growth. Since Mythweaver is a small game with a small community, you can become an important part of the game's development. Also, since the core system is built around the concept of thousands of different lands each operating under unique circumstances, your home campaign logically fits into the Mythweaver cosmos, probably with minimal fiddling.
- You have access to a back catalog of existing material that can quickly be integrated into this new game system, giving you resources that most other indie games cannot offer.