The world is a complex place where humans struggle for space with all manner of races. The gods move their worshippers to spread their will against all who would oppose them using priests and knights who they bestow their powers on. Mages battle for supremacy in the markets alongside thieves making war on one another. Over all of them the nobility of each race struggles to maintain the peace. To the south, the Empire of the Lesthra, a blood thirsty saurian race sure of their superiority look on the human Kingdom of Narheim as a land rich with food. Dark creatures roam in the wood and vale of a land settled but not tamed.
Tales of Gaea is the story of an island kingdom, the Kingdom of Narheim, where a band of rebels found a home after being exiled from their homeland. They have lived on Narheim for over 1800 years and made a home for themselves but it has not been easy. Plagues, civil wars, wars with other races and natural disaster have made an already difficult task nigh impossible. Populated with the many houses of Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Kolba, and Soolaan-Lesthra, the setting detailed in Tales of Gaea holds an array of story possibilities. Detailed history and descriptions of the races make them easy to learn about and simple to play. Tales of Gaea is the fantasy setting for the Iridium System.
Included with the Tales of Gaea book is the Iridium System Core Reference. This separate book is a useful reference for running not only Tales of Gaea but any of HinterWelt's RPGs. The ISCR is useful to both game masters and players as it will guide both through creation of races, character creation, spell creation and many other aspects of the Iridium System. This is a new approach to our games as it physically separates the system from the setting elements.
- Detailed descriptions of seven races
- Detailed history and current situation of Narheim, the included setting
- Spell descriptions for eight different point driven realms
- Free form magic for clerics and mystics
- Uses the Iridium System Core Reference
- Detailed magic item creation
- Foes section
- Advice for game masters on running Tales of Gaea
- Fully hyperlinked Table of Contents, Index, and cross references
- Fully bookmarked
- Free support via our CHARGen character generator, storage and update system