From the back of the book:
All Hell Breaks Loose
In the bowels of one of Westcrown’s most esteemed halls of power lies an unfathomable evil, a terror beyond all reason and sanity, shackled and broken by the magic of a lost archmage. For years this menace has laid fuming, endlessly testing the bars of its prison, gathering its hatred and planning its revenge. Now the machinations of a deadly conspiracy have weakened the chains of this nightmare’s bonds, and in their growing cracks rise the flames of the damned and the promise of Westcrown consumed in hellfire. Can the PCs infiltrate the labyrinth of a madman to put an end to an evil beyond even the heroes of legend? And what foulness would seek to ruin all of Westcrown by gambling with its very soul?
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Council of Thieves Adventure Path, and includes:
- “The Infernal Syndrome,” a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 7th-level characters, by Clinton Boomer and James Jacobs.
- The citadels and secrets of the Hellknights, Cheliax’s iron-shod inquisitors, by F. Wesley Schneider.
- Insights into the soul-shaking world of fiendish possessions, by Adam Daigle.
- Murder and mystery for Pathfinder Varian Jeggare in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Dave Gross.
- Five new monsters, by F. Wesley Schneider and Hank Woon.