One of the most intriguing and versatile classes described in the 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master's Guide is the Expert.
Experts is packed with useful and interesting information and includes:
- Nearly 30 fully detailed Expert types, including the Alchemist, Blacksmith, Courtesan, Merchant, Miner, Navigator, Physician, Sage, Sailor, and Weaponmaker.
- Five broad metaclasses Craftsmen, Entertainers, Professionals, Scholars, and Tradesmen that can be used as templates for quickly and easily creating all sorts of Experts.
- Two new prestige classes, the Guildmaster and Militia Leader.
- More than 100 new skills, including dozens of new Crafts and Professions and detailed rules for creation of everything from weapons and armor to buildings and ships.
- Three new feats.
- Guidelines for creating Experts with spellcasting abilities.
Information on creating Guilds and using them in the game.
- 28 ready-to-use NPC Experts that can be used as-is or easily modified to suit any campaign or adventure.
- 17 new magic items.